"Carolina Joe", Your Realtor to Know!
I truly enjoy helping people sell their existing home, find their dream home, or working with the first time home buyer.
I was born in Charleston, West Virginia and graduated from West Virginia University in 1974. I first came to the Lowcountry in 1980 on vacation, which soon turned into an annual event until I moved here permanently in 2000. I have lived on James Island, North Charleston, West Ashley, and currently reside on Kiawah Island.
I am an Eagle Scout and retired from the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection where I worked as an environmental regulator for 16 years and a project manager for 10 years. I also owned and operated a beekeeping business for 13 years in Fayetteville, West Virginia. I permanently relocated to the Charleston area in 2000 and served as the superintendent at the Berkeley County Landfill. I began my real estate career in 2004. Since that time I have consistently ranked in the top 15% of the agents in our Multiple Listing Service, which has approximately 6,000 agents. Here are some of my real estate accomplishments:
- 2014 REALTOR OR DISTINCTION - top 10% ot realtors in number of closed transactions (4,800+ agents)
- 2013 REALTOR OF DISTINCTION - top 3% of realtors in number of closed transactions (4,000+ agents)
- 2012 REALTOR OF DISTINCTION - top 6% of realtors in number of closed transactions (3,500+ agents)
- 3rd Quarter 2010 #4 Closing Agent
- 1st Quarter 2010 #2 Buyer Controlled Sales Agent
- 4th Quarter 2009 Top Listings Sold Agent
- 4th Quarter 2009 Top Buyer Controlled Sales Agent
- #2 Agent in Number of Sales Transactions for 2008 (100+ agents)
- #2 Agent in Sales Volume for 2008 (100+ agents)
- March 2007 Top Sales Agent (100+ agents)
- March 2007 Top Closing Agent (100+ agents)
- 2006 Prudential Carolina Real Estate Honor Society
- December 2006 Top Listing Agent (100+ agents)
- October 2006 Top Closing Agent (100+ agents)
- August 2006 Top Sales Agent (100+ agents)
- 2006 Accredited Buyers Agent Designation (ABR)
- 2005 Certified Internet Professional Designation (e-Pro)
- September 2005 Top Listing Agent of the Month (100+ agents)
- April 2005 Top Sales Agent of the Month (100+ agents)
- February 2005 Top Listing Agent of the Month (100+ agents)
- 2005 Prudential Carolina Real Estate Leading Edge Society Award
- 2005 Prudential Carolina Real Estate Rising Star Award
- 2004 Permanent South Carolina licensed Real Estate Agent
My first love is my family, which I treasure. Lois, my wife of forty years, is a registered nurse and a licensed realtor. Lois has a true passion for beach living and the ocean lifestyle. Our oldest son, Bill, is an attorney in California specializing in banking and mortgage litigation. He and his wife, Brandee, a librarian, along with our grandson Dylan hope to return to South Carolina in the future. Our other son, Dave, is a self-employed farmer in west central West Virginia. His wife, Brianna, is a veterinarian and the proud mother of our granddaughters Ella and Audrey. I am very active in my local church. My hobbies are rooting for the West Virginia Mountaineers, hunting, fishing, bicycle riding, and sitting on the beach soaking up the rays.