It’s guaranteed to be hectic right before closing, but you should always make time for a final walk-through. Your goal is to make sure that your home is in the same condition you expected it would be. Ideally, the sellers already have moved out. This is your last chance to check that appliances are in working condition and that agreed-upon repairs have been made. Here’s a detailed list of what not to overlook for on your final walk-through:
1. Requested repairs have been made.
2. There are no major changes to the property since you last viewed it.
3. All items that were included in the sale price are still there.
4. Screens and storm windows are in place or stored.
5. All appliances are operating, such as the dishwasher, washer and dryer.
6. Intercom, doorbell, and alarm are operational.
7. Hot water heater is working.
8. No plants or shrubs have been removed from the yard.
9. Heating and air conditioning system is working
10. Garage door opener and other remotes are available.
11. Instruction books and warranties on appliances and fixtures are available.
12. All personal items of the sellers and all debris have been removed.
As always, your thoughts, questions, or comments are greatly appreciated. Let me know if I can help with any of your Charleston SC real estate needs or questions.
"Carolina Joe" Idleman