Home Sellers and Their Selling Experience
1. About half of home sellers traded up to a larger size and higher priced home and slightly more than one-fifth traded down to a smaller and less expensive home.
2. Eighty-five percent of sellers were assisted by a real estate agent when selling their home.
3. Recent sellers typically sold their homes for 95 percent of the listing price, and 60 percent reported they reduced the asking price at least once.
4. Forty-two percent of sellers offered incentives to attract buyers, most often assistance with home warranty policies and closing costs.
Home Selling and Real Estate Professionals
1. Forty percent of sellers who used a real estate agent found their agents through a referral by friends or family, and 26 percent used the agent they worked with previously to buy or sell a home.
2. Ninety percent of sellers reported that their home was listed or advertised on the Internet.
3. Among recent sellers who used an agent, 81 percent reported they would definitely (59 percent) or probably (22 percent) use that real estate agent again or recommend to others.
For-Sale-by-Owner (FSBO) Sellers
1. The share of home sellers who sold their home without the assistance of a real estate agent was 11 percent. About half of them, 45 percent, knew the buyer prior to home purchase.
2. The primary reason that sellers choose to sell their home without the assistance of a real estate agent to a buyer they did not know was that they did not want to pay a fee or commission (49 percent).
3. Nearly one-third of FSBO sellers took no action to market their home, and 57 percent did not offer any incentives to attract buyers.
4. Eighteen percent of FSBO sellers reported preparing or fixing up the home for sale was their most difficult task, while 15 percent reported getting the price right and an additional 15 percent reported understanding and performing paperwork was the hardest part of selling their home.
As always, your thoughts, questions, or comments are greatly appreciated. Let me know if I can help with any of your Charleston SC real estate needs or questions.
To look for homes anywhere in the tri-county area go to my website at http://www.carolinajoe.com/mls/
View my entire inventory of VisualTours at http://www.visualtour.com/inventory.asp?U=182210
"Carolina Joe" Idleman