The Charleston, South Carolina area is a great place to live or have a vacation home. The weather is great, the beaches are fantastic, golf courses are abundant, there are many historical sites, the architecture is unbelievable, the dining is unbeatable, and the people are the friendliest in the country. It is because of these reasons that I believe Charleston SC Real Estate is truly unique. I look forward to helping you with any of your real estate needs in Charleston, Berkeley, or Dorchester counties. Today’s article is titled:
What Do You Want and Need in a Home?
Finding a new home can be exciting. But deciding what you want and need, and can afford can be quite challenging. Making these decisions begins with setting priorities among many different preferences. Most homebuyers invariably face trade-offs.
Here are many of the considerations you will face:
1. Basic Home Features
1. Do you prefer a single family detached home, townhome, or a condominium?
2. How many bedrooms?
3. How many bathrooms?
4. Preferences regarding kitchen, ding room, family room, etc., and overall floor plan.
5. High priority home features.
6. Any special rooms that may be needed.
7. Amount of available storage.
8. Parking needs
2. Other home Preferences
1. Style of home
2. Age of home
3. Energy efficiency or green features
1. Is the neighborhood comfortable?
2. Is this an acceptable commuting distance?
3. Proximity to desirable features such as community center, shopping, dining, hospitals, etc.
4. Is this an acceptable school district?
4. Lot Characteristics
1. Is size and shape acceptable?
2. Is the view acceptable?
3. Is the landscaping and cub appeal acceptable?
4. Is the home’s orientation acceptable?
5. Proximity to neighbors
6. Functional for you pets?
5. Related costs
1. Are homeowner association fees or regime fees acceptable?
2. Are the necessary homeowners insurances (hazard, wind and hale, and flood) acceptable?
3. Property taxes
4. How much are you prepared to invest beyond the purchase price if you can’t find exactly what you want.
1. How long do plan on living in this home?
2. How will this impact the type of home you will buy?
3. Will this impact the location you select?
As always, your thoughts, questions, or comments are greatly appreciated. Let me know if I can help with any of your Charleston SC real estate needs or questions.
To look for Charleston SC Real Estate homes anywhere in the tri-county area go to my website at http://www.carolinajoe.com/mls/
View my entire inventory of VisualTours of Charleston SC Real Estate homes at http://www.visualtour.com/inventory.asp?U=182210
"Carolina Joe" Idleman