The Charleston, South Carolina area is a great place to live or have a vacation home. The weather is great, the beaches are fantastic, golf courses are abundant, there are many historical sites, the architecture is unbelievable, the dining is unbeatable, and the people are the friendliest in the country. It is because of these reasons that I believe Charleston SC Homes are truly unique. I look forward to helping you with any of your Charleston SC Homes For Sale needs in Charleston, Berkeley, or Dorchester counties. Today’s article is titled:
Charleston SC Homes For Sale : The Characteristics of the 2014 Home Buyer
Below are the characteristics the 2014 Homebuyer according to the 2014 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers:
- Thirty-three percent of recent home buyers were first time buyers, which is still suppressed from the historical norm of 40 percent among primary residence buyers.
- Thirteen percent of buyers purchased a multi-generational home due to cost savings, children over the age of 18 moving back into the house, and health and caretaking of aging parents.
- The typical first-time buyer was 31-years-old, while the typical repeat buyer was 53.
- The 2013 median household income of buyers was $84,500. The median income was $68,300 among first time buyers and $95,000 among repeat buyers.
- Sixty-five percent of recent home buyers were married couples.
- For 24 percent of recent home buyers, the primary reason for the recent home purchase was a desire to own a home, while nine percent purchased due to a job-related relocation or move, and eight percent bought for the desire to be in a better area or a change in family situation.
As always, your thoughts, questions, or comments are greatly appreciated.
Let me know if I can help with any of your Charleston SC Homes For Sale needs or questions.
See Charleston SC Real Estate Blog for local attractions and current Charleston events.
Look at Charleston SC Homes For Sale anywhere in the tri-county area.
View my entire inventory of VisualTours of Charleston SC Real Estate homes at http://www.visualtour.com/inventory.asp?U=182210
"Carolina Joe" Idleman